A Perfect Valentine

 

St. Valentine:
   What is a perfect Valentine to you, m'lady?

Girl:
   (drew a long breath and replied)
   Hmmm, it is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers and choc'lates, sending greeting cards with heart-shaped outline and figure of Cupid.
Following the tradition, that...that would be perfect for me.

St. Valentine:
 (in a soft voice)
I see...a delicately wrought ebony screen.

Girl:
   (puzzled, she questioned)
   I'm sorry, Sire? Forgive me but
what do you mean?

St. Valentine:
 (smiling, gently he touched her eyes)
See with your heart.
Tell me, m'lady...tell me what's missing?

Girl:
   Quietly, she drew herself in deep thoughts,
seeing everything in her surroundings;
the expression on each of the faces of the people,
the establishments,
the difference in the status of living,
the culture,
the traditions,
the religions,
the characters....
in silence she whispered
with tears falling down her cheeks,
"L.O.V.E"

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all!!!

2 comments:

MinnieMadz said...

Happy Valentine's!

Rizzy said...

Hello MinnieMadz

Happy Valentines to you as well <3