Affection

I was browsing thru the status of my friends on facebook the other day just to have some tiny insy bit updates of their whereabouts when I stumble upon Jill's. She posted this link from youtube.com about an amazing story of a lion, a TRUE story. Sooooo, I checked and....I guess you probably knew what happened next - - - to ME - - -'cause am sure, 100% sure that it will have the same effect on you.



There has been a lot of studies, a comparative view between Men and Animals with regards to intellectual phenomena. It is obvious that man has higher mental ability over animals. They (refers to man) excel in most part. But it has been shewn that man and the higher animals, especially the primates, have some few instincts in common. All have the same senses, intuitions and sensations, similar passions, affections and emotions, even the more complex ones, such as jealousy, suspicion, emulation and gratitude; they sometimes feel wonder and curiosity; they possess the same faculties of imitation, attention, and memory, though in very different degrees. ["Madness in Animals," by Dr. W. Lauder Lindsay, 1871 and "Descent of Man," by Charles Darwin, 1871]. I, myself, is a living witness to such character. Currently, I am petting three dogs (from the left: Chiwa, Shadow and Paopao). Paopao is the oldest, she's with me for like five (5) years now, our time 'cause dogs years is different from ours. She's a mixed breed of terrier. Both Chiwa and Shadow is a mixed breed of Chihuahua and Japanese Spitz. Based on experience, I can say that they all possess what I have written above, only in different level. They feel, they wonder and all the rest. They communicate thru their actions and I guess that was what being shown on the video. My nephew never visited me for the last five years but when he came, Paopao had the same reaction as the lion. Lion, as far as we know, the king of the jungle. Known for being wild and all. Who could have guessed that he will have the same affection as all other animals especially the tamed ones. Never did I got the chance to stop my own tears from falling after seeing how happy the pride was seeing his pals. Wild and fierce they may appear to be but that doesn't mean they know not how to love.

Footnote: Credit belongs to jcustodi for the video.


7 comments:

Megan said...

Such an incredible story! I have dogs of my own and they know when someone is gone, when someone is hurting, when someone needs love, etc. The video is amazing. Thanks for posting it.

Rizzy said...

So true Meggy and thanks for the comment.

jack said...

This really touch me... I am afraid of the lion because of his being wild but form what I saw, he remember the love that was sowed on him before...

Rizzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rizzy said...

Hello Jack. Appreciate your message, thanks. And yea, the lion remembered. Who could have thought about that. The lion sure did showed us how much he had loved the people who raised him. Something to wake us up that animals, like humans, has feelings...^_^

Anonymous said...

i've been living with dogs like since i was 5 yrs old till now...so i may say that animals have such good memories they keep and though they've been apart for a long time, there will always be a chance for them to remember their masters, not by chance i mean but by experiences and memories...

the_rabbit said...

i've been living with dogs like since i was 5 yrs old till now...so i may say that animals have such good memories they keep and though they've been apart for a long time, there will always be a chance for them to remember their masters, not by chance i mean but by experiences and memories...