I Forbid You, Event II


Event II
The Hint


"Dave, are you sure we're not going to end up blaming ourselves for this?" Lianne anxiously confronted her husband.

Dave let out a heavy sigh as he places his Attaché case back on the desk and reach out for Lianne's hand, "Li, it's been a year and a half and everything seemed to fall on its proper places. You worry too much for Grace"

"I just can't help it, Dave. I can't afford to risk Grace meeting her....."

"Oh, shush it will you?!" Dave swiftly cut her off. "I don't want to hear anything anymore starting this minute. This case is close and no, that...." he paused, "that thing will never happen."

Lianne could not do anything else but to obey her husband. After all, he's Mr. Dave Buckenfield......at law.

****************


"Grace, right?"
Victor lifted his head from his notes and looked at me with a smile of perfection in his face. Still, my every muscle and cell refuses to believe that this is happening. Victor, seated right on the very corner, 'my corner' in this library room. He's not, I mean I am not the only one who was captured by his majestic attractiveness, everybody else. He's every woman's dream and the envy of the men.

He's a head turner, a smart lad and me? a nobody. It would never happen, there is no way 'US' could be possible. He's up there and I'm just a tiny weeny dot down here.

Victor clears his throat and I have to blink a few times before I could even form a decent word from my tangled thoughts...just wishing I could vanish into thin air for daydreaming infront of him. "Yes? You were saying?" was all I could manage to respond.

His mouth quirked with amusement at my response. "You know, it's nice that finally, words found its way out from you...are you always this quiet?"

Blushed. I could only stare at him.

"What's wrong now?" Victor continued now in his worried look.

Time went so fast that I failed to notice it's time for my last period class as my eyes caught the clock's hand on the timepiece mounted on the wall. I gathered all my things and hurriedly went on the librarian's table and pass on my card. While the librarian labeled my card, I looked back and witnessed how those pair of almond eyes gave me a defiant stare. I shrug and bit on my lower lip as I mouthed my words to him while pointing on my notes. "Sorry, got class." He shook his head and turned his back on me, upset.

I wish he'll notice my message I left on his notes. Even if he did, I'm not sure if he's going to meet me still after what I've done to him. Leaving him like this, stupidity.


No comments: