December Puppies

Oh-Em-Gee!!! Chiwa gave birth to four lovely puppies this morning, 17th of December.



Okay, I didn't keep track of my dog's breeding date so I'm completely innocent when to expect what. I usually depend on my instincts and how Chiwa communicates with me when she's in this kind of stage. 'Tis her third time of pregnancy though. The first, she lost two of her four puppies 'cuz of incompatibility, and on the second, she had a miscarriage. After that incident, I wanted to stop her from giving birth, afraid that I might lose her but then later thought of giving it another try. Well, out of crazy idea that she might want to experience a 'no-death-of-me-&-my-puppies' pregnancy. And....viola! Wish granted. She successfully gave birth to four cutie puppies early morn, at 4 o'clock in the morning to be exact. Whew! This was the very first time I heard Chiwa, made a one quick sort of 'a cry' as her first puppy slides out. I was worried at first seeing the puppy not moving, will surely rip my heart apart if she's gonna end up losing her puppy again but to my surprise, after spending the rest of the minutes praying while watching her licks and tears the slippery cover out from the pup. Yes, I did watch her carefully, examining every detail of her action, making sure it was well recorded....in my memory just in case something goes wrong, you'll never know. So, seeing the pup's breathing and that Chiwa is doing fine, I went inside my mom's room and epically failed to fight against sleepiness. My purpose was supposed  to only leave Chiwa for a few moment knowing that she will be pushing her next pup in the next 15 to 45 minutes....but sad to say, ME = zzZzzZZzz, waking up after two hours and hearing more than one cry from the outside. And there you have it, FOUR insy winsy tiny puppies under Chiwa's care.

Meet the Parents
[Left: Shadow, Right: Chiwa]

An applause for Chiwa in her successful labor.

Record
Mother: Chiwa
Breed:   Chihuahua-Spitz (mixed)
Delivery Room: Sofa 
Date of Birth: December 17, 2009


Time of First Pup: 4 a.m.

No. of Live Pup: Four
No. of Dead Pup: None
Gender Classi: Female (all)



No comments: